Sunday, April 24, 2005

April £100K - sigh

OK, so after the initial rush of posts, nothing for nearly a week. I've been out and about a bit more over the last few days.

Just got knocked out of the April £100K tourney. Coming up to the first break and I haven't really had any hands. I see a cheap flop on the SB with K7s, which comes K76 (two spades). I'm first to act and consider betting out into the pot of 400, but the two players in late position have been quite aggressive at trying to take pots when no one has shown strength, so I check. One of them dulys bets 500 and it's back to me. I stick the rest of my 2400 chips in, to force out any draw he might has. Unfortunately, he hasn't read the script and thinks his K3 of spades is worth calling my bet. As it turns out, the Ace of spades on the river proves it was and I'm out in 402nd place. Grrr.

Friday night, I went out and played some live poker at a new club in London. Fourth Street Poker was started up by a group of guys who were fed up of going down the Gutshot and finding the tournament full. There were only 12 of us on Friday, but I had a lot of fun. I went out in 5th, two places off the money when my KK were beaten by KQ which hit a runner-runner straight. I think I'll try and make it a regular thing, as my live poker needs practice if I'm to move on in the game.

No comments: